Tuesday, October 20, 2020

The Worst Could Happen..

Time to Reflect…...


 

What is the worst thing that could happen to you?  Have you ever thought about that?  Sure, we all have!  I tend to have this coping mechanism (maybe you do too) that tends to make some peace with the worst case scenario.   Why do we do that?  

Well I do it so that it takes away the fear and devastation that causes us to fear the worst case to begin with!   I don't know if this is healthy or  not, but it helps me, sometimes. 

In Rev 1:8, John is in the presence of Jesus, as HE reveals to him some pretty powerful stuff….. 

" I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen.  And I have the keys of Hades and of Death."

This scripture can be a lot to wrap ones brain around.  Death is the absolute worst thing that could happen to a human being, or is it?  Bare with me….

Is dying is the worst thing a human being can experience or encounter? Wellllll, I guess it depends.  Death is certainly shrouded in mystery and fear. Simply because of the unknowns. No one wants to die. No one wants to think about how their life will end, and what happens after that.   Many who've had near death experiences, and those who DIED, and came back share…and still….fear and mystery?  

Jesus understand that the fear of death is pretty scary to humans.  So He went and got authority over that! 

Jesus said look, I got the keys?  I can put you in, and I can let you out.  I have All power and authority over death.    Jesus said,  "I was once dead, and now I am alive! And I will never die again."  Do you want  your key? Then follow Me. 

God has gone and made the worst thing that could happen to you, The Best Thing that could EVER happen to you.. 

No comments: