Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Disappointed in The Church




 I hear a knock at my hotel room door, and it is a woman with a distinct accent announcing that she is with housekeeping.  I am usually gone when they make their rounds.  I didn't want to miss her services so I opened the door!  

As she walks in with continued greetings she says,  "I've noticed that you are an Author?"  hum, She sounds Dutch, I love that accent!   She is very sweet, extremely friendly, and always smiling.  I've noticed her before. I didn't have any of my books currently lying around so she says,  "I've noticed your books before" and I say, "Yes I am an Author, it is my first book!"  


The lady congratulated me and said,  I noticed it is about God.  "Your book will do well here.  I see that in the United States many people believe in God,  not so in Europe."  I could not intelligently respond to that as I have never spent time in Europe.  All I could say is, "surely there are a lot of godly people in Europe,  perhaps they are more silent?"     

She says; "No, they aren't silent, they are disappointed.  Disappointed in the Religion. Not God."

WOW! I did not feel more resolute, in God's reasoning for calling me to write "Accountable to God",  than I felt in that moment.   

I looked at her, and she had a look of disappointment stuck on her face. I said to her, "Do you know that this is what my book is about?"  She began to beam, while saying.."It is?"   

We continued to talk about God.  Who God really is, and what He really wants, and how people definitely have a way of convoluting His message.  She seemed to be encouraged, and actually left with a copy of the book!  I signed it with a message of hope, and asked her to please share it with her family in Europe. 

Why do you think people are disappointed in Church, thus causing them to be disappointed in God?




Accountable to God
-Chan H.





No comments: